You don’t need us to tell you how great corporate file sharing is: being able to collaborate with team members, customers and contractors from any computer or device is a huge boost to productivity.
And using a cloud-based service is a no-brainer: why have the hassle and expense of maintaining your own file server, when you can be using someone else’s – and at a fraction of the cost?
But are you using the best corporate cloud storage service?
If you think you’ve got corporate file sharing covered, because you’re using DropBox or Google Drive, you might want to think again.
The free (consumer) version of DropBox is not secure, and it is very easy for hackers or disgruntled employees to delete your files. There are no backups, so once your data’s been deleted, it’s gone forever.
DropBox Business is slightly better in that data can be restored; you can monitor team activity; and you can remotely wipe data from lost or stolen devices, but it’s still not the perfect product for file sharing for businesses.
We use and recommend myfolders as the best corporate file charing solution:
Here’s why we think that myfolders is a superior corporate file sharing solution to DropBox Business:
1. You can still use your File Server
We can hook up your File Server to myfolders, so everything’s syncing in real time. DropBox doesn’t offer this; they want businesses to move everything into the cloud – and that’s just not practical for most businesses.
2. Better defences against ransomware
Ransomware, such as the Cryptolocker Trojan, is a major threat to businesses. myfolders is your insurance against an attack: you can use Mass Revision Rollback to restore data to any point in time (accurate to the minute) on desktop computers, laptops, and servers.
DropBox Business doesn’t have the same sophisticated rollback technology, so getting back to business after an attack would mean more time in restoring files – and more lost profits.
3. Integrates with your other software
Rather than working in isolation, myfolders integrates with Outlook, Office, Exchange and Active Directory. File sharing is intuitive for recipients – all they need to do is click a link in an email. Files can easily be shared with anyone, even if the recipient doesn’t have myfolders installed.
4. Enhanced collaboration features
myfolders makes collaborating on documents easier than ever. Users can send each other messages, as well as tracking additions, deletions and changes. You’ll know exactly who’s done what – and you can easily restore deleted files or revert to previous versions.
Plus all the other features you’d expect from the best cloud storage for companies:
- Full control of access and permissions. Sub-folders can even have different permissions to parent folders. And it’s all controlled in an easy-to-use dashboard interface.
- Data is encrypted: both at rest, and in transit.
- Content is protected against accidental deletion or version conflicts.
- All user activity is tracked (including new files, changes, and deletions) – you’ll know exactly who’s done what.
- Works on Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices.
- Data on lost or stolen devices can be wiped remotely.
myfolders is affordable – for businesses of all sizes
myfolders can be configured to suit the needs of your business, so contact us to find out how it could work for you.